St David's Code Of Conduct
Should you have any safety concerns, please contact St David’s’ s centre management on 02920 367650 or South Wales Police on 999.
St David’s consistently aims to maintain high standards and does not permit the following:
- Any intimidation of our guests by groups of individuals.
- Any groups without the intention to shop or dine may be asked to leave St David’s.
- Unsociable or anti-social behaviour.
- The wearing of any item of clothing which restricts the view of one’s head/face (e.g. hoods) with the exception of religious wear, or medical face coverings, for the purposes of identification.
We would also ask our guests to adhere to the following conditions:
- The carrying of alcohol in open containers and the consumption of alcohol in the malls, car parks or other external areas is prohibited, and alcohol may only be consumed within appropriately licensed premises within the centre.
- Any act of vandalism will be notified to the Police.
- Any person either bringing, selling or taking any illegal substance, or drugs paraphernalia within St David’s will be reported to the Police immediately.
- No use of legal highs is permitted including N2O canisters.
- Clear access routes must be maintained for emergency services.
- Under exceptional circumstances St David’s may request that guests are subject to a search of their person upon permission of entry.
St David’s reserves the right to deny an individual or individuals entry to the centre, including the malls and external areas for any period of time as it may determine in its absolute discretion and has the right to escort any such individual or individuals from the St David’s site. In addition, any individual or individuals who disregard the Code of Conduct will be excluded from St David’s at the entire discretion of centre management.
Ensuring that our guests are free to shop and relax, St David’s does not permit the following:
- Leafleting, canvassing or the conducting of third party interviews or surveys unless agreed by St David’s Centre Management.
- Unauthorised busking or the selling of goods in the centre car parks or other external spaces.
- The convening of car clubs, meet-ups or car cruising.
- Pets coming into the centre, with the exception of assistance dogs.
- Shopping trolleys on the malls.
To ensure the health and safety of our guests, St David’s asks that visitors respect and show due consideration for the building, environment and other users by:
- Adhering to our no smoking policy within the malls. Smoking of cigarettes is only permitted within designated areas of Cardiff
- Keeping clear of all fire escapes except in an emergency.
- Not cycling, rollerblading using micro-scooters, Segway scooters and hoverboards or skating in the centre.
- Not climbing or sitting on any balustrade, barrier, fence, escalator infill or railing.
- Using customer lifts and escalators appropriately.
- Disposing of any litter appropriately in the receptacles provided within the centre and external areas.
Photography & Filming.
We do encourage guests to enjoy their experience at St David’s, including the taking of photographs during their visit for their own personal and domestic use. We reserve the right, however, to ask guests not to film or take photographs within St David’s where we feel that it is necessary in the interests of the safety, privacy or enjoyment of other guests or so as to prevent any civil or criminal offence being committed. Commercial photography and filming can only be conducted with the express permission of the St David’s Centre Management Team. As private property owned and managed by the Landsec group of companies, we reserve the right to challenge anybody taking photographs and filming.
If you would like to film or take photos during your visit to St David’s and have any questions as to what is permitted under this code, please contact the St David’s Centre Management Team on 02920 367650 who will be happy to provide you with further assistance.
Entry to St David’s (which may include the airspace above) is subject to our consent. St David’s does not permit the flying of drones or similar technologies, other than those deployed by the emergency services or other competent bodies on or over St David’s. We reserve the right to take such actions as we consider appropriate, including court proceedings including but not limited to an injunction to prevent you from flying drones or similar technologies on or over St David’s, or prevent you entering upon St David’s.
We may from time to time undertake photographs and/or videography of areas at St David’s including guests and their property for publicity, advertising and communication materials in relation to services and facilities offered at St David’s. We shall where practicle, notify guests for example by way of notices and request specific waivers, however by entering St David’s you agree to the use of any such photographs or videos.
St David’s aims to be a safe, relaxed and friendly environment for all our guests. We would ask that all guests respect this Code of Conduct in the interests of everyone’s enjoyment and well-being. We would ask that you respect and adhere to the current measures imposed by the government on Covid-19, and support St David’s and our partners to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests.
Social Distancing measures have been put in place across St David’s which will mean that fewer people can be in St David’s and shop at any one time.
You are required by law to wear face coverings when entering our premises to protect others, unless you are medically exempt. Please show respect for the safety of other people and our staff who are working hard to keep you safe, while you enjoy your visit.
You are requested to follow the guidance of the St David’s Team, follow the signage and work with and support our retailers in managing these measures.
St David’s reserves the right to amend this Code of Conduct at any time without prior notice.
St David’s Centre Management, 11 Bridge Street Arcade, St David’s Dewi Sant Cardiff, CF10 2EF.