An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Guest Services team at Wales’ largest shopping destination, St David’s Cardiff.
“Inspire a smile and share your passion”- that’s the core belief of St David’s and everything we say and do resonates with it. The role of a Guest Service Host is to embody this belief and to ensure that the Centre offers our guests a superb experience consistently, whether it’s for shopping, eating out, leisure or utilising our services such as gift card and Click and Collect.
- You will be involved in the day to day running of the Guest Service Desk. You will need an excellent phone manner as you will receive various types of calls. You must be confident in speaking to our guests when they have enquiries at the desk.
- You will need to be confident in responding to emails from guests and other departments within the centre when needed.
- You will spend a lot of time working on your own so you must be a confident person who can work under pressure at times.
- You will be trained in all aspects of the role; this also includes our 'click and collect' parcel service and the selling of the St David's gift card.
- The role will require you to spend a lot of time on your feet. A part of your day will require you to help guests out in the mall and walking the centre to do this.
- You will have an excellent track record of driving exceptional guest service and will always put the guest at the heart of what you do.
- You will be enthusiastic, driven, and will help create a positive work environment.
- Understand our ‘guest’ and their expectations and go out of your way to demonstrate our commitment to exceeding them. Ensure that the guest experience is always at the top of your agenda.
- You must be confident in the opening/closing on the desk on your own (this will not happen until you are fully trained)
- Ensure appearance and actions are professional whilst carrying out daily tasks and requirements.
- Highlight any common issues being experienced by guests.
RISK AND ASSET MANAGEMENT
- Be aware of risk and compliance during the day-to-day operation and highlight any concerns to the Duty Manager or Retail Liaison Manager.
- Adhere to all St David’s policies and procedures
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business
- Attend any training courses as necessary
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself, colleagues and the general public who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to work confidently on your own
- High level of enthusiasm for the role
- Genuine desire to help people
- Customer focused
- Effective time management
- Adopts a willing and flexible approach to work across any area, building skills and knowledge
- Takes a positive approach in dealing with guest issues to a positive outcome
- Thinks ahead and approach Guest Service Manager with well thought out and imaginative ideas which will drive centre performance
We are looking to start the successful candidates as soon as possible.
Uniform is provided.
We have 2 positions available:
1 x 30 hrs per week - Monday to Thursday
1 x 22 hrs per week - Friday to Sunday
Shifts will vary from 9.00-6.00 & 11.00-8.00
Please state in your application which position you are interested in.