Assistant Manager - Cardiff
Laings is a prestigious family-run jeweller with over 179 years’ experience in the industry.
Established in 1840 we are now one of the largest independent jewellery businesses operating six stores across the UK (three stores nestled within the iconic Argyll Arcade in Glasgow, and one each in Edinburgh, Southampton and Cardiff).
The Laings culture is one of mutual trust, respect and honesty. Our staff strive to be the best in the business and our aim is to provide our customers with an unforgettable, luxurious experience whatever the occasion may be.
Your New Role
We have a full-time permanent role available for an Assistant Manager, based in our luxurious Cardiff store.
The main responsibility of this role is to assist the Store Manager in the day to day running of the store, monitoring staff responsibilities throughout the working day, ensuring the store is a safe, secure and pleasant place to both staff and customers. The successful candidate will also be involved in the training and development of staff and supporting recruitment when required.
Working hours will be 38.75 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the store management team to ensure they are fully supported in achieving sales targets whilst providing excellent customer service
- Maintain good communication with Head Office, directors, managers, staff and colleagues in other stores
- Maintain a high standard of display for windows, store interior and store exterior ensuring others follow suit
- Drive and motivate both yourself and your colleagues to ensure targets are met
- Regular Stock checking and organising immediate replenishment of best-selling key lines
- Make sure showroom and staff are always safe and secure following company procedure
- Organise and undertake training when and where requested
- Take control and responsibility in absence of Store Manager
- Health and safety awareness and making sure your colleagues abide by Health and Safety guidelines
- Make sure all staff abide by general house-keeping duties in the store
Skills and experience required:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal with the ability to influence without power
- Meticulous attention to detail and a stickler for quality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a diverse workload
- Ability to work as both part of a team and under own initiative
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and performance as well as other staff
- Demonstrates ability to develop and motivate others
- Commercially aware
- Must possess jewellery and watch knowledge
Do you feel as though you could add sparkle to this role? If so, we want to hear from you!
Be a part of our future, join us. To apply by send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org