Closing Date: 31/10/2019
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Work: 38.75 hours per week, 5 days out of 7
Salary: Dependant on Experience
Laings is a prestigious family-run jewellers with over 179 years’ experience in the industry.
Established in 1840 we are now one of the largest independent jewellery businesses operating six stores across the UK (three shops nestled within the iconic Argyll Arcade in Glasgow, and one each in Edinburgh, Southampton and Cardiff).
The Laings culture is one of mutual trust, respect and honesty. Our staff strive to be the best in the business and our aim is to provide our customers with an unforgettable, luxurious experience whatever the occasion may be.
We currently have exciting opportunities for experienced Watch/Diamond Sales Consultants to join our passionate and dedicated teams in our Cardiff store.
Working with luxury brands such as Patek Phillipe, Rolex, IWC, Cartier, Mikimoto, FOPE, Tag Heuer, you will receive the highest level of training to ensure your product knowledge is the best in the business.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Achieving sales whilst providing the highest customer experience
- Responsibility for Stock takes and Watch/Jewellery counts
- Building client relations, keeping existing customers informed of new products and maintaining good relationships with them
- Maintain an excellent knowledge and understanding of all products in store
- Visual Management and Display Upkeep ensuring windows and showcase displays are always meticulously clean and merchandised to a very high standard
- Liaise with Stock Department to exchange sales and stock information
- Communicate regularly with colleagues to share information on brands, new products and any changes within the store
- Assist the Service Department with queries from customers as and when required
- Awareness and understanding of safety and security procedures within the store
- Ensure up to date knowledge of jewellery and watch products
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a sales environment strongly preferred
- A good understanding of the watch/jewellery industry as well as our brands
- A strong team player who is also able to work effectively and efficiently on their own
- The ability to communicate well with customers, colleagues and suppliers.
- Flexible approach and willing to assist in a variety of tasks.
- Confident and responsible attitude.
As well as a competitive salary & reward package, we are proud to offer a wide range of fantastic benefits to our employees, including; healthcare, pension, 28 days holiday and a generous employee discount scheme.
You will be working in a warm and welcoming environment, with a fabulous array of training and development opportunities on offer.
Do you feel as though you could add sparkle to this role? If so, we want to hear from you!
Be a part of our future, join us.