Muffin Break is a fast-growing coffee shop franchise that are run by local families under a large known brand name who specialise in premium coffee and freshly baked food products such as delicious muffins. We currently have 60 stores in the UK including two in Wales, Newport, and Cardiff. We are looking for someone special with a real passion for coffee and service to lead our team in Cardiff to increase our customer numbers and sales.
We strive to provide an all-around premium experience for our customers to ensure we have a great place for our customers and staff to come to. We are therefore looking for a strong experienced manager with plenty of enthusiasm, drive and a positive attitude and a person who strives to beat targets whilst providing a premium product.
The Role: The position is a very demanding, full on position and definitely not a 9-5 role. Its fast paced with lots of varieties but great fun for those who love varity. The successful manager will provide an effective, efficient, and friendly service, whilst maintaining a flexible and responsive team environment and driving store sales and standards whilst meeting the stores KPIS. A passionate individual who will drive and motivate their teams to maximise their ability to deliver an outstanding unique customer experience, whilst delivering on all aspects of our vision statement.
We are looking for a store manager who will go that extra mile to give great customer service and has a proven ability and experience to manage our coffee shop.
You will be expected to manage all aspects of the unit to ensure the business runs smoothly and profitably while providing excellent customer service. This is a very hands on manager role working as part of your team and leading by example.
The store operates from 6am – 11pm daily so is a very demanding role. Managers will be expected to work weekends and most half terms when the store is at its busiest.
The successful candidate will have an abundance of enthusiasm alongside excellent customer service skills and previous experience in food and beverage preparation.
They will have a friendly, positive and enthusiastic nature, whilst displaying a passion for delivering the highest standards of customer service. They will be target driven and motivated to develop, train, support and enhance the sales, service and knowledge of Muffin Break.
As a Store Manager your focus will be to work with your team to ensure our high standards are constantly met. You must have similar management experience and customer service experience as well as experience in a coffee shop.
We believe in giving our employees the opportunity to learn, develop and progress. Our managers have the potential to become Area Managers in the future.
Our process :-
1.We read through your CV and cover letter
2. A to face interview and A quick hands on trial/taster shift.
3. If successful at this stage we will invite you in to prepare a SWOT analysis of the store.
4. Final decision is made.
Some DUTIES WHEN WORKING A SHIFT:
First Priority – Will always be our Customers:
• Immediately greet customers as they enter
• Engage customers before taking orders (i.e. “How are you today?”)
• Educate customers on menu items and answer any questions they ask
• Discern customers preferences and make recommendations accordingly
• Take orders while paying attention to details (i.e. preferences of roast, dairy and syrup)
• Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
• Serve prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
• Prepare and serve beverages following recipes
Second Priority - Between Customers:
• Open and close the store (first and last person out)
• Assess what needs accomplished in your shift, then prioritize and delegate
• Keep your team moving and working, checking for quality and thoroughness
• Manage storage areas and put away all deliveries when they arrive
• Count and close cash drawer after closing, bundling money in safe for deposit
• Notice if equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
• Comply with health and safety regulations
• Recommend new menu items and communicate customer feedback to Owners
• Keep the bar area clean
• Wash and put away dishes in the kitchen
• Maintain a clean dining area, sanitizing tables and chairs, and sweeping crumbs on the floor
• Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
• Delegate and complete tasks on the stores Morning and evening checklist (for the appropriate shift) with initials by who did what task and communicating issues with this back to staff and working ahead to ensure completion before the shift is over. Stay until sheet it is completed.
• Complete daily tasks as possible (first shift), and complete before end of day (second shift)
• If there is time and it is appropriate, complete items on the next shift's checklist
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 per year
Coffee shop management: Minimum 3years Required
Location: Cardiff St Davids shopping Centre although maybe asked to work in some other stores at times.
How to apply- Please send a CV and Cover letter to Cardiff@muffinbreak.co.uk