Closing Date: 24/11/2019
Manager required for American candy kiosk in a busy shopping mall - approximately 25-30 hours per week, increasing over busy periods such as school holidays, Easter, Christmas, etc.
If you are unable to cover shifts at the last minute please do not apply for this position.
Sugar Box is a modern, fun candy store, selling a wide range of popular American candy, drinks and chocolate.
The store opened as a pop up on November 3 2018 in one of the largest and busiest shopping centres in the UK - Meadowhall, Sheffield, and we are now opened as a permanent kiosk in St David's Dewi Sant Shopping Mall, Cardiff, prior to opening a second permanent kiosk in Meadowhall, Sheffield.
We also have plans to open further kiosks and stores in the coming months.
You will work in a team of 7, with a maximum of 3 members of staff on shift at any one time, as well as day to day management from the 2 owners who are based in London.
However, you must be happy to work alone for some of your shift for 1-3 hours at a time and longer on weekends and at busy periods such as Christmas and other holidays.
However, it is a small store and you will be expected to really muck in, doing the same duties as the sales assistants, with added responsibility.
You will be required to hit targets during working hours and must be happy to do this. This will mean that your customer service skills will be second to none and you will have a very engaging and warm personality.
Responsibilities and Duties
What will you be doing?
- When you run a small retail business, you need strong, reliable management to supervise the day to day operations of the business.
- As our Manager, you will be our most senior member of staff and you’ll work closely with the Owners of the store on a daily basis to ensure a fantastic shopping experience for your customers.
- You’ll have a knack for delivering great service in a fun atmosphere and inspire your team to do the same.
- This is management at its most practical – so you'll spend a sizeable amount of time rolling your sleeves up, getting involved, serving customers and making sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming at all times.
- As Manager, we’ll look to you to communicate shop performance to the rest of the team and keep them motivated to help you to deliver your targets.
- Good leadership skills are key; you will have the natural ability to build, lead and motivate the team.
- A natural ability to engage with the customer explaining the product and selling the concept. Excellent customer service is so important to this business.
- Naturally there are brand standards to adhere to and the customer is always at the heart of what we do, but when it comes to creating unbeatable customer experience, there's plenty of room to let your personality flow too.
- You will be expected to actively market, manage and push the business forward as if it was your own.You need numeracy skills and a flexible approach to working hours.
- On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and above all a passion to constantly focus on our customers.
- Providing a first class customer service experience including helping with customer enquiries in store.
- Lead a high performing team by being motivational, knowledgeable and pro-active
- Achieve consistently high standards
- Manage staff rota issues (the rota will be managed by the owners however)
- Manage staff cover - and be willing to help with this on your days off if needed
- Report all issues - staff and otherwise - to the owners immediately and keep them up to date
- Make a real contribution to the profit of the store
- Manage the replenishment of all stock in the store, ensuring it is fully stocked at all times and our storage cage is managed daily, with all products labelled correctly and priced correctly and best before dates are adhered to.
- Being a real brand ambassador for the business and encouraging sales by welcoming all customers entering the store with a friendly and warm approach while remaining calm, professional and focussed during difficult situations
- Till and cash handling including paying into the bank
- General housekeeping of the store when required
- Management of stock deliveries
- Ensure your team effectively and accurately execute the operation of the business
- Deal with customer enquiries and any refunds professionally and effectively, converting refunds into sales opportunities where possible
Qualifications and Skills
- You will have gained management skills in either a retail, hospitality or leisure environment, ideally managing a team of at least 2 colleagues, delivering a turnover in excess of £10,000 per week
- Be commercially savvy, with the ability to maximise the financial performance of your store and effectively manage budgets
- Be a real people-person, always accessible and hugely passionate when it comes to recruiting, developing and empowering your team
- Thrive on responsibility; you'll make it your job to exceed our expectations as well as your customers
- Flexibility is required to cover staff holidays and sickness
- You must be confident, outgoing, committed, switched on and pro-active with a proven track record of driving sales
- Have the ability to manage a team effectively and keep staff motivate
- Demonstrate high levels of motivation and drive
- Demonstrate initiative, decisiveness and effective problem solving skills
- Training on till systems and opening and closing procedures
- 30% staff discount
- Permanent Role
Salary: £8.21 to £9.00 /hour